Sunday, August 9, 2015

*Dream Diaries*

The doctor said he heard something crawl up his ear.
I dived in, only to find a man crawled up in the corner.
Those are the dungeons he said.
I don't remember visiting them ever before.
I remember seeing him open the trapdoor,
One latch came loose,
And the deluge that followed.
I remember holding him close
And I remember his heart throbbing on my temple.

****
I woke up to the sound of heavy machinery.
Oddly enough, mother was in the next room,
First time in six years.
Weaving yards and yards of clouds on a dun canvas scaffolding.
'Wings' says she, 'for you.'
****
I sit there while she binds a slender silk sash around my face and my throat.
'Helps you breathe. It gets nasty up there'
****
And when I finally let I go,
He breaks into hysterical sobs.
Which is surprising,
For I have no memory of him,
Other than the back of his neck.
My road to tranquility,
In the years that went by.
****
I see her standing in a distance,
Statuesque and regal.
Faceless,ageless and yet so divine.
I know she was pleased when she heard me.
I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment