Thursday, January 12, 2012

of drapes and smoke..

Of late I crumpled stars into a fist,
and wore a delirious wisp of smoke on my mane
long gone is the time when I was a fugitive in your land
but my fingers still smell of stardust
and your whispers trickle down my head..

your fires burn in the little behind my neck
they keep me going even in hours of distress, hours of chicanery, and hours of rebellion.
so IT IS impossible to leave this land.
this land of yours where dreams are traded for puzzles,
where solving the labyrinth of life is an addiction.

and why not,
I see those tiny questions crawling under your skin when you are asleep.
those tiny questions that light up your face,
that make you beautiful to me,
that makes me want to steal you from this world of yours.

here is where your quest has led me to,
as a hermit in this strange planet
of what lies in those clenched fists,
in a delirious slumber by the sheer turquoise drapes..

No comments:

Post a Comment