Wednesday, September 14, 2011

heresy..

Life is what I learned
on my forced sabbatical from nothingness
a vacuum of pre-conceived opinions, perceptions and half-baked ideals accepted either obsequiously, or conjured from thin air.
That happiness flows well beyond the brims of the proverbial cuppa hot chocolate,
and intrigue very outside the history textbooks,

that sometimes its grossly unfair to pen existence in a shroud of metaphors
when all it takes for a poetry to take form is flesh and blood,
an aching neck,
goosebumps on an old song,
circle of dark brown left behind by a coffee mug
patterns in the sand
etched upon by tiny fingers
& maybe
fireworks reflected in moist eyes.

sometimes, it appears that people lead two lives,
connected by a thin strand of words
across the chasm of the metaphysical reality they so strive to define.

One, of simple complications,
and another of complicated simplicities,

funny as it might sound,
but however deep I wander
in the process of soul-searching,
I stumble across shiny tokens
of extravagance, vanity and lies
floating like lumps
in the broth of my very being.

Its hard not to despise oneself
after surrendering to these continuous impulses,
of chicanery  that goes about , under the terms of 'being yourself'
and after all
Isn't individuality literally and figuratively
what 'they' define it to be..

They say its unwise to be a part of the herd
They say its foolish to stray
& while life be dictated by formless forces,
'they' always have the last laugh

I'm a bad pupil.
I choose not to learn,
but let my survival teach me,
in my very own ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment